History of our Church
The style of architecture of the church, designed by Mr Blackadder of Perth, is English Domestic Gothic, and the walls are of pitch pine and cement.
The church was consecrated by the Bishop of Brechin, the Right Reverend Dr Hugh Willoughby Jermyn, on the 25th April 1878. It was established as a mission church, free of debt, and was funded in the greater part by Lord Kinnaird of Rossie Priory, Mr Greig of Glencarse House and Colonel Drummond-Hay of Seggieden. It was Mr Greig who gifted the church's favourable site with its southerly aspect and sunny location.
Up until this time, Episcopalians had been forbidden to assemble at meetings exceeding nine persons for religious worship. Such meetings were usually held clandestinely in private houses or even fields. In the eighteenth century, the Episcopal congregations of Glencarse had meeting houses in Inchyra and Pitroddie. Inchyra was a busy medieval trading village with its own pier and ferry. Pitroddie, formerly known as Battrodie, was once a burial place of Druids and had a thriving population based on the quarrying industry.